As with all other areas of the property, these steps will be placed at the end and should be replaced or refined. The same is true for the basement stairs. Since moisture is often exposed, mold has more development potential and other serious problems can affect the value and health of your home.
This is your knowledge of the size or replacement of ladder stairs, including cost, different methods and maintenance methods.
Refinish or Rebuild?
Although reducing and rebuilding the ladder in general seems an obvious option, it is not always the best option. It is important to know when to go. You better build a new staircase yourself. That is what you must decide.
Will they work normally?
The first question: does stair performance work correctly? Is it comfortable to use? If the solution to these problems is absolute, then you will have a good candidate to refine instead of refactoring. The stairs of an old house are usually narrow and pointed, especially the lower stairs that lead to the basement. These are designed for a small size and, therefore, are generally uncomfortable for today’s standard people.
Can they be decent?
The tray handle may be smooth or not working properly. The most important thing is to step on the foot. Ladder modelers are the tools that provide these steps. If it is damaged or rotten, it must be replaced so that the tray is completely preserved. If it is in good condition, the drawer can be easily polished during the initial design of the drawer.
Re-doing the Steps
There are many other options when refining stairs. You can use carpets, take advantage of carpet rolls, vinyl siding, or use stains or paint to give it a new look. The advantages and disadvantages of each method are listed below:
- Advantages: carpets are a granular method to improve stairs. If installed correctly, it will bring a brand change to your scale and your notes will be more convenient, comfortable and quiet than ever.
- Disadvantages: Unfortunately, if placed in a humid place, the carpet tends to accumulate moisture and can get moldy. This prevents the carpet from becoming a basement and a functional option for people who walk outside the stairs with wet shoes.
Lay Down a Carpet Runner
Instead of using a permanent carpet permanently, consider using a carpet duct.
- Advantages: Easy to install, just connect. It is also very affordable. In addition, it is very easy to replace for people who have difficulties with mussels.
- Disadvantages: as it is thinner than the basement, walking is not practical.
Place the vinyl
- Advantages: moisture resistant and easy to clean. It is not affected by moisture, such as carpets. At the right time, communication is very economical and direct.
- Disadvantages: they are not as aesthetic as wood or carpet, depending on your choice.
Paint or stain
If you want to sit down, you don’t have to hide the stairs. Instead, try to paint, dye or stain an ordinary ladder to give it a new look. But first, the important thing is to go down to a low level and make them very clean. This can provide lasting help for any product.
- Experts in graphic design: they are probably the most affordable option, since they give excellent results if executed correctly. The rubber floor is sturdy and can be maintained for long periods. It will work over time, but you will get good palette performance for several years before considering applying a new coat of paint. Another important benefit of using paint instead of stains is that you can choose almost any color for the tray.
- Disadvantages of painting: most of the paintings hide the wood underneath and the steps you study (like the natural wood made of it) blur it.
- Advantages of the smear: Ideal for drawers of natural pellets. Apply approximately two points on the stairs and protect them with three or four layers to obtain a durable polyurethane product. This mixture gives you an elegant and natural look and the color you need.
- Disadvantages: less color options
Preserving Your New Basement Stairs
Once you have spent some time updating the stairs, you must maintain them regularly. When you get the carpet, you must always vacuum it with a vacuum cleaner and use a carpet shampoo to remove any spillage before the stain produces fibers. Floor cleaners should be cleaned regularly with vinyl and regularly wiped with stains or paint with water or a mild detergent
If you want to repaint or stain the stairs, you can purchase the paint and paint products you purchased for less than $100. However, if you choose a carpet or vinyl, it can cost a lot. Carpet equipment costs about $100, and other installation costs are about $200. Floor mats may be more affordable than this and can still cost around $200. Vinyl flooring can be purchased at a relatively low price, but you should still be willing to spend about $200 on the material and then install 200 unless you do it yourself.
If you want to change stairs or even stairs, you are looking for a bigger bill. Only wood itself will cost about 200 euros. However, depending on the complexity and size, the labor costs required to complete a new job may range from $300 to $1200 or even more. . Collect quotes before choosing someone to get the job done, so you don’t have to pay too much.